The default grading scheme in Canvas does not align with the University's grading schemes.
It is recommended that instructors and Teaching Assistants not use letter grades in Gradebook or SpeedGrader, unless they follow the steps below.
You can enable the University's grading scheme for your course by following the steps below.
1. Click on the Settings link in your course navigation menu.
2. Check the Enable course grading scheme box.
3. Click on the set grading scheme link.
4. Click on the Select Another Scheme link on the right hand side of the View/Edit Grading Scheme window.
5. Click on the UofT Undergraduate (or Graduate) Grade Scale link on the left hand side of the View/Edit Grading Scheme window.
6. Then, click on the UofT Undergraduate (or Graduate) Grade Scale link on the right hand side of the View/Edit Grading Scheme window.
7. Click on the Done button.
8. On the Course Settings page, click on the Update Course Details button.
The newly set grading scheme will apply to any grades that are entered. You will have to re-enter previously entered grades if you would like them to reflect the new grading scheme.
For more information on Letter Grades in Quercus, click on the link to the additional support document below.
Quercus Support Resources - Letter Grades