Beginning Fall 2018, Canvas will be the university's new Learning Management Engine (LME) for Quercus, our new teaching and learning environment.
The new LME will integrate various educational technology applications and functionalities, in addition to supporting many of the tools that faculty are using with Blackboard. Like Blackboard, Canvas is integrated with ACORN/ROSI (UofT's student information system). It is important for faculty and staff to understand that access to Blackboard will expire on August 31, 2018, and all Blackboard content will need to be archived and/or exported prior to August 31st.
How to get started
Academic Toolbox Renewal
We encourage faculty to follow the migration process, including integration updates (Integration Updates), feature comparisons (Feature Comparison Chart for U of T Instructors and Course Staff ) and FAQs (U of T Toolbox Renewal FAQ) for instructors and students, by visting the university's Academic Toolbox Website Renewal website at: toolboxrenewal.utoronto.ca.
We also encourage instructors to take the Lynda.com Learning Canvas 2017 course.
Instructions for access:
1. Follow this link to log into the utoronto.ca Lynda.com Organization Portal Organization Portal Sign In Page;
2. On the weblogin page, enter your UTOR id (confirm your account details if you have not already);
3. To access the full Lynda.com Canvas course, search for Learning Canvas 2017 or paste the below link into your browser’s address bar:
Quercus Content Migration Drop-in Clinics
These will be hands-on sessions where you can migrate your Blackboard content.
Content Migration Drop-in Clinic Dates:
- Thursday April 19: 1 pm - 3 pm
- Monday April 23: 2 pm - 4 pm
Friday April 27: 10 am - 12 pm
Quercus Quickstart Workshops
During these sessions we will cover topics such as:
- Adding and organizing content in your Quercus course
- Enrolling TAs and other users
- Getting your class list from the Grade book
- Communicating with your students using announcements
- Making your course available to students
Computers are available, but feel free to bring your laptop and/or USB drive.
Quercus Quickstart Workshop Dates:
- Wednesday April 25: 2 pm - 4 pm
- Thursday April 26: 1 pm – 3 pm
Please register using the link below:
Let’s Get Started: Tips from a Quercus Early Adopter
In addition to the above Q Clinics, our Winter 2018 Canvas Early Adopter Barb Murck is sharing her experience in an interactive session on Wednesday April 18th - 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm (UTM Library Smart Classroom).