Upcoming training sessions:
Bb Collaborate and Zoom: Taking a Closer Look
- Bb Collaborate: Friday, August 14th, from 10:00 - 11:30 am
- Zoom: Friday, August 14th, from 1:00 - 2:30 pm
Learn more about Bb Collaborate and Zoom during these two sessions, where we will provide a closer look at the steps to set up your sessions and how to use features such as polling, whiteboard, sharing files, breakout groups. As well, we will review how you can provide links to session recordings in your Quercus course, and where to find reports for session attendance and polling. NOTE: We will be using Bb Collaborate for the session on Bb Collaborate at 10:00 am and Zoom Meeting for the session on Zoom at 1:00 pm.
Learn about Crowdmark with Michelle Caers, Crowdmark
- Learn about Crowdmark: Thursday, August 13th, from 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Learn about Crowdmark: Friday, August 14th, from 3:00 - 4:00 pm
Are you looking for remote exam and homework solutions? Learn more about Crowdmark -- a grading and analytics platform that offers advanced remote and in-person exam and homework workflows. Instructors and grading teams can grade 3× faster than traditional workflows while leaving richer feedback for students. Crowdmark can be used to streamline grading of short and long answers with a full suite of grading tools while automatically grading multiple choice bubble sheets. Student work is returned electronically to their Crowdmark portfolio along with unparalleled insights into performance. Scores can be integrated with Quercus. Learn about the new features for asynchronous and synchronous remote exams and homework. NOTE: For UTM instructors, the deadline to submit a request to use Crowdmark for an H or Y course that begins during the Fall 2020 semester is Monday, August 17th, 2020. The deadline for H courses that start in the Winter 2021 semester is Monday, November 16th, 2020.
Supporting Student Engagement with TeamUp! presented by Melody Neumann, Elizabeth Parke, and Simone Laughton
- TeamUp! Session: Monday, August 17th, 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Interested in engaging students either in teams or individually? TeamUp! is an active learning application that is integrated with Quercus and can be used to gauge student understanding and promote collaboration. Used in classes of all sizes in classrooms as large as Convocation Hall or entirely online, TeamUp allows students to work in real time using a phone, iPad or laptop. Come out to learn about this tool and how it can be used to support student learning.
Summer Camp for Instructors: Prepare for Fall Term
- August 10- August 13, 2020 from 10am-12pm
Register for Summer Camp
In order to support faculty with transitioning to online course offerings, and delivering alternative exam formats, UTM’s Teaching & Learning Collaboration will continue to hold online “Office Hours for Faculty” every Monday from 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you would like to attend the Monday faculty webinars.
You may also contact UTM Library & Instructional Technologies to arrange for a training session.
Below is a link to the recording of our QuickStart Quercus Webinar that may be helpful in getting you started with your course:
- Thursday, July 30, 2020 - Zoom versus Bb Collaborate Ultra: Demo Rematch
- Thursday, July 23, 2020 - Zoom versus Bb Collaborate: A Comparison of Tools
- Monday July 6 to Thursday July 9, 2020 - Summer Camp for Instructors: Prepare for Fall Term
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020 - Prepare for the Fall Term: Quercus Inspiration and suggestions for using Quercus
- Thursday, June 11, 2020 - Using Quercus Assignments, Quizzes, and Surveys to Support Student Learning
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020 - Grade Expectations - Grading Workflows and Gradebook Best Practices in Quercus
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020 - Creating and Distributing Lecture Content Using Video and Audio Formats
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - Creating Interactive and Inclusive Activities for your Students
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - Using Quercus Quizzes, Surveys, and Assignments to Support Student Assessment
- Tuesdays & Thursdays on March 24th, 26th, 31st, and April 2nd, 7th, 9th, 2020 - Online Office Hours & Help Sessions for Faculty
- Monday March 16 to Friday March 20, 2020 - Online Office Hours & Help Sessions for Faculty
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - Quercus Gradebook Drop-in Session
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - Quercus Gradebook Drop-in Session
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 - Learn About Crowdmark
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - Winterize Your Course
- Thursday, January 9, 2020 - Quercus Basics & Refresher Session
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020 - Quercus Basics & Refresher Session
- Thursday, December 12, 2019 - Ask Me Anything Drop-in Sessions
- Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - Ask Me Anything Drop-in Sessions
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - Gradebook Drop-In Clinic
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 - Gradebook Drop-In Clinic
- September 5th, 6th and 9th – 13th, 2019: Quercus Drop-In Clinic Sessions
- September 3rd, 2019: Ready-Set-Teach Day
- August 29th, 2019: UTM TA Day
- August 28th, 2019: Quercus Basics & Overview (Hybrid)
- August 27th, 2019: Quercus Basics & Overview (Hybrid)
- April 17, 2019: Turnitin Information Session
- April 16, 2019: Taking Quercus to the Next Level
- April 9, 2019: Quercus Basics & Overview (Webinar)
- January 16, 2019: Quercus Assessments & Grading
- January 9, 2019: Quercus Basics & Overview
- January 8, 2019: Quercus Basics & Overview
Quercus Support Resources
There are various Quercus resources, including instructions for various Quercus integrations available in the Quercus Support Resources public course.
Information on how to access LinkedIn Learning using your University of Toronto account.
LinkedIn Learning Canvas 2019 Course
We also encourage instructors to take the LinkedIn Learning Canvas 2019 course by following this link to the LinkedIn Learning Canvas 2019 Course (you may need to log in with your UTORid);