University of Toronto students, faculty, and staff can submit intercampus delivery (ICD) requests for items available at other University of Toronto libraries. You will need access to LibrarySearch (via your TCard or external library credentials) to submit a request.
ICD requests are currently handled through the Curbside Pickup Service. Please follow the steps below, using the normal curbside process, to submit your ICD request.
Ordering and picking up materials
- Open LibrarySearch and sign in to your account.
- Find the records for the items you want to request.
- Find the Get It section of the record, and look for these options:
- Curbside Pickup: Complete the form with your pickup location and click Send Request.
- Get It With Hathi: You can read the item online via the HathiTrust ETAS, but it is not eligible for curbside pickup.
- If you do not see either option, the item is not available for curbside pickup and cannot be read via the HathiTrust ETAS.
- You will receive an email when your requested items are ready for pickup.
Delivery and pickup details
Please note the following details regarding ICD requests:
- The UTM Library receives items from other libraries on a weekly basis; please allow sufficient time for your request to arrive at the Library.
- Your request may take longer to process if materials are not on the shelf at the lending library.
- Please allow two hours after receiving your confirmation email for Library staff to process the delivery.
- Items will be held for five business days before being returned to the lending library.
In order to enter the Library and retrieve items, users must show their identification (T-Card) and curbside pickup notification to security. Items will be packed in brown paper bags labelled with the recipient’s name.
Canceling your request
To cancel your ICD request:
- Sign in to your LibrarySearch account.
- Select your name in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the My Requests section of your account.
- Select Cancel next to your requested item.
Please return materials received through intercampus delivery to the UTM Library in the book return slot marked Other U of T Libraries.
For any questions regarding ICD and interlibrary loan (ILL), please contact the Resource Sharing Department at 905-828-3881 or email@example.com.