Quercus (Canvas) is a tool that instructors may use to communicate grades to students. Your instructor may post marks for your assignments in your Quercus (Canvas) course. The instructor may also return graded work, either through Quercus (Canvas) or through an alternative method.
Please contact your instructor if you have any questions or concerns regarding your grades.
- ACORN is the official repository for grades.
- To properly view grades and feedback it is recommended that you use a laptop or desktop computer and not a mobile device.
How to view your Grades in Quercus
You can view your marks by clicking on "Grades" from the course menu. As seen in the image below, you can access the following information on your Grades page:
1. Name: Name of the assignment in linked text that you can click on to view additional information.
2. Due: The date and time that the assignment is due.
3. Score: The mark that your instructor has recorded for your work.
4. Out of: The total points that are possible for this assessment.
5. Comments icon: A link to the comments and feedback provided by your TA or instructor.
6. Ouriginal originality report icon: A link to the Originality Report (if Ouriginal was used for this assignment and if the instructor has made it available to students).
7. Rubric icon: A link to the assignment rubric, if the instructor has made it available.
8. Visibility icon: Indicates that the instructor is working on grades.
How to view Assignment Feedback in Quercus
Once your instructor has graded your assigment and made it available, you can access your assignment comments (including any attachments) by going to the Grades page.
You can view comments and feedback in a number of different ways.
Instructions for viewing comments
- Log into the course and click on the 'Grades' link.
- Find the assignment and click the assignment name.
- Click on 'View Feedback' to view all feedback including comments and any additional annotated comments made on the submission.
Name (#1 in the image above): By clicking on the name of the Assignment you will be able to see any comments, including text media or attached files, as pictured in the image below.
Comments icon (#5 in the image above): Click the Comments icon to reveal the comments provided by your TA or instructor, as pictured in the image below.
Rubric icon (#7 in the image above): As seen in the image below, when you click on the Rubric icon you will be able to view the assignment rubric (if the instructor has made it available).
Watch this video for instructions on how to view grades & feedback in Quercus.
For more information on Grades and Feedback, see the Quercus Support Resources article below.