From Nov 21 to Dec 16, donate non-perishable food at the Information & Loans Desk and have your late fines reduced as part of the Food for Fines program! Every accepted donation will knock $2 off your fines, to a maximum of $20 per patron.
The UTM Library will send all donated items to Eden Food for Change food bank in Mississauga. Don't have any fines? You can still bring donations to support the food bank!
When: Nov 21 – Dec 16, 2022
Where: UTM Library Information & Loans Desk (Hazel McCallion Academic Learning Centre)
The fine print:
- Library staff will waive up to $2 of Library fines for each eligible donation.
- Each patron may have up to $20 in fines waived during this year's drive.
- Fines must have been incurred for items from the UTM Library.
- Replacement and/or processing fees cannot be waived.
Donated materials must be in good condition:
- Supermarket condition: unopened, undented, minimum three-month shelf life (expiry of Feb 22, 2023 or later)
- Full-sized: no trial sizes or samples
- Labelled: must include original label in English
Library staff reserve the right to determine whether items are accepted for donation.
The following items are most needed:
- Canned fruits, tomatoes & vegetables
- Canned soups, stews, meat & fish
- Rice, flour, pasta & dry lentils/legumes
- Cooking oil & pasta sauce
- Instant coffee, tea & hot chocolate
- Breakfast cereals & oatmeal
- Peanut butter & jam
- Boxed crackers & cookies
- Baby food (formula, jars, cereal & cookies)