Do you have what it takes to radiate awesomeness?!
Become a UTM Library Ambassador for 2018-2019!
Apply now! Deadline Feb. 25, 2018
About UTM Library Ambassador Program
The UTM Library Ambassadors foster a healthy and vibrant community within the UTM Library. Our goal is to enhance the UTM academic experience by promoting mindfulness, relieving stress, encouraging creativity and peer-to-peer learning, as well as generating positive social relationships. Our events are run by students and for students, planning the drop-in de-stress events and creating educational opportunities to maximize students' experience in the Library. Here are just some of the events you will be involved in:
- Orientation Week
- Promote Library Services
- Library De-stress Week
- Library Tours
- Develop and Host events
See us in action on Facebook: fb.com/UTMLibraryAmbassadors
You can also read our FAQ, it might answer some of your questions.
How to become a UTM Library Ambassador
Application deadline: Sunday Feb. 25, 2018 at 11:59PM
- Mandatory Training
- Fall/Winter: September - April: approx. 2-3 hours a week
- In good academic standing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the UTM Library and its services
- Strong written and oral communication
- Experience with social media and virtual promotion tools
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Overview of duties and responsibilities:
- Represent the Library Ambassador Program in a professional and friendly manner
- Attend weekly meetings
- Host and facilitate de-stress events
- Engage with participants
- Lead Library tours
- Participate in outreach activities
- Create promotional materials
- Acquire a variety of hard and soft skills
- Expand your network, meet new friends
- 60 Hour Completion: A reference plus get Volunteer Recognition from CCR
- 85 Hour Completion: A reference, get Volunteer Recognition from CCR and recieve a Chief Librarian Student Involvement Award.
Still not sure? Check out some of the comments from our volunteers:
Being part of the UTM Library Ambassadors Program was one of the best and most rewarding experiences of my student life. Not only was I able to gain invaluable skills, but I also had the opportunity to organize de-stress events and help make students’ usually stressful university life a little more fun. The program also helped me get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself as a creative person. Not to mention, working with an awesome group of like-minded ambassadors only made the whole experience more exciting.
Joining the Library Ambassadors Program was a super fun and unique experience. In addition to learning new things such as Photoshop and Illustrator, I also got to make many new friends. Overall this was an enjoyable and de-stressing experience!
These two years with the UTM Library Ambassadors have been the most enjoyable and memorable experience. As a CCIT major, I had the opportunity to practice and further develop the Photoshop and Illustrator skills I learned in my courses. In addition, I was able to meet people from different disciplines. The Library Ambassador program has also provided me with valuable transferable skills that I can use further in my career.
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to email Donna Liu (email@example.com).