Do you have what it takes to radiate awesomeness?! Become a UTM Library Ambassador!
About UTM Library Ambassador Program
The UTM Library Ambassadors foster a healthy and vibrant community within the UTM Library. Our goal is to enhance the UTM academic experience by promoting mindfulness, relieving stress, encouraging creativity and peer-to-peer learning, as well as generating positive social relationships. Our events are run by students and for students, planning the drop-in de-stress events and creating educational opportunities to maximize students' experience in the Library. Here are just some of the events you will be involved in:
- Orientation Week
- Promote Library Services
- Library De-stress Week
- Library Tours
- Develop and Host events
See us in action on Facebook: fb.com/UTMLibraryAmbassadors
You can also read our FAQ, it might answer some of your questions.
How to become a UTM Library Ambassador
Please click on the position to apply.
Application deadline: Friday Sept. 15, 2017 at 11:59PM
- Mandatory Training
- Fall/Winter: September - April: approx. 1-3 hours a week
- In good academic standing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the UTM Library and its services
- Strong written and oral communication
- Experience with social media and virtual promotion tools
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
Overview of duties and responsibilities:
- Represent the Library Ambassador Program in a professional and friendly manner
- Attend weekly meetings
- Host and facilitate de-stress events
- Engage with participants
- Lead Library tours
- Participate in outreach activities
- Create promotional materials
- Acquire a variety of hard and soft skills
- Expand your network, meet new friends
- 60 Hour Completion: A reference plus get Volunteer Recognition from CCR
- 85 Hour Completion: A reference, get Volunteer Recognition from CCR and recieve a Chief Librarian Student Involvement Award.
Still not sure? Check out some of the comments from our volunteers:
“This is a fun and friendly program where you meet awesome people and amazing volunteer coordinator. I’ve learned to become more confident when presenting in big groups or just making casual conversation with people.” - Trinh
“Its an overall very fun experience. I’ve learned a lot and it never felt like a chore.” - Alberto
“This has been one of the best experiences I have had all year. Being a part of the HMALC as volunteer has boosted my confidence, allowed me to form new and lasting relationship between my fellow Library Ambassadors, Library staff and the students of UTM.” - Cleopatra
“I liked the fact that the ideas we conceived of were executed by us as well. It gave us responsibility and ownership of the events in the library. Presentation and public interaction with students also boosted my confidence.” - Noel
If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to email Donna Liu (email@example.com).