- Academic Info GeographyAcademic Geography links to online college and research level Internet resources.
- About.com - GeographySelected by experts, the site contains many academic links to geography.
- GeosourceWeb resources for human geography, physical geography, planning, geoscience and environmental science. Utrecht University.
- Center for International Earth Science Information NetworkColumbia University. CIESIN specializes in global and regional network development.
- NASA's Global Change Master DirectoryA comprehensive directory about Earth science and global change data.
Dictionaries and Glossaries of Terms
- CCRS Remote Sensing GlossaryFrom the Canadian Centre for Remote Sensing.
- Dictionary of Abbreviations and AcronymsCompiled by the Library, University of California, Berkeley.
- Glossary of Cartographic TermsFrom the The Perry-Castañeda Library Map Collection at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Internet Glossary of Soil Science TermsFrom the Soil Science Society of America.
- U.S. Gazetteer
- USGS Geographic Names Information System
- American Geographical Society
- American Society for Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing
- Association of American Geographers
- Association professionnelle des Géographes du Québec
- Canadian Association of Geographers
- The Canadian Cartographic Association (CCA) - L' Association canadienne decartographie (ACC)
- International Geographical Union
- National Geographic Society
- Royal Canadian Geographical Society
- Royal Geographical Society with the Institute of British Geographers
- Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA)
- Canada's Digital CollectionsGeography Collection. Links to digital projects with text and visual information.
- Canadian Communities' AtlasHuman Geography information includes demographics, First Nations, culture and ethnic origins, language and education, and social indicators.
- Cultural LandscapesConsists of large scale maps from the Geography and Map Division of the Library of Congress, showing "the cultural modification of a physical landscape as settlers established their farmsteads and villages, constructed the connecting transportation systems, and named their surroundings."
- Canadian Social Research LinksMaintained by Gilles Seguin, retired federal civil servant. Site empasizes "governmental policy materials, focusing upon topical social issues such as disability, homelessness and hunger, and human rights."
- Historical Atlas of Canada Online Learning ProjectThis project attempts to make the maps in the 3 volumes of the Historical Atlas of Canada available on the Internet. At present the project is ongoing and only 15% of the content is available.
- Population Reference Bureau"Comprehensive directory of population-related websites available — by organization, by region and country, or by topic within countries."
- Geographic Perspectives on Women Specialty GroupAssociation of American Geographers
- Environment Canada
- NASA - Climate and Radiation
- National Climate Data Centre
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. (NOAA)
- National Snow and Ice Data Center
- National Weather Service
- UTM Meteorological Station (Climate data available for download)
- CGRG Bibliography of Canadian Geomorphology Search Engine
- The Canadian Geomorphology Research Group
- Natural Resources Canada
- Geomatics CanadaA division of Natural Resources Canada.
- Geodetic Survey of CanadaA division of Natural Resources Canada.
- Geological Survey of Canada
- National Geophysical Data Center
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- National Oceanographic Data Center
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- Guide to GIS Resources on the InternetA Berkeley Digital Library SUNsite.
- Historical GIS Project from Great Britain
- Canada Centre for Remote Sensing a division of Geomatics Canada.
- The Canadian Remote Sensing Society
- Remote Sensing TutorialThis is an on-line tutorial about the role of space science and technology in monitoring the Earth's surface and atmosphere. Written by Dr. Nicholas Short. Sponsored by the Applied Information Sciences Branch at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Environment Canada
- National Wetlands Research CenterUnited States Geological Survey, is a source and clearinghouse of science information about wetlands in the United States and the world for fellow agencies, private entities, academia, and the public at large.
- National Wetlands Inventory CenterResources from the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
- Office of Wetlands, Oceans, & Watersheds Environmental Protection Agency.
- Delta MarshThe University Field Station, a field research and teaching facility of the Faculty of Science at the University of Manitoba (Winnipeg, Canada)
- Centre for WetlandsUniversity of Florida. Both basic ecological research on wetlands as well as their sustainable use in meeting environmental management needs are covered.
- Ramsar Convention on Wetlands
- WetLinksWetland links from the Ohio State University.
- Wetlands InternationalA non-profit organization concerned with the conservation of wetlands and wetland species.
- Society of Wetland Scientists