Curbside pickup currently suspended
The Curbside Pickup Service is currently suspended until further notice. Please continue to monitor this space and COVID-19: Service and Operations Updates at UTM Library for the most up-to-date information.
Please see below for information about the Curbside Pickup Service when it resumes.
The UTM Library has started a Curbside Pickup Service for students, faculty, staff, and external borrowers with valid University of Toronto library cards. The Library will offer this service for print books from the UTM stack collection that are not available through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS).
Users can pick up materials when the Library is open; please review Library hours of operation and plan ahead.
Only books from the stack collection that are not already available via the ETAS are eligible. Course reserves (STL), microtext, government publications, reference materials, and DVDs are not available for curbside pickup.
Inter-campus and inter-library loans are not possible at this time.
Ordering and picking up materials
- Find your book(s) in the library catalogue.
- Click the Get It button in the search results or the catalogue record.
- The system will check whether your book is available via the HathiTrust ETAS.
- Available: You will be provided with a link to the book at the ETAS. (Note: you will then need to log in to HathiTrust to access the full text.)
- Not available: Continue following the prompts to place your curbside pickup request.
- You will receive an automated message when your request has been received. Staff will check the shelves for your requested book(s) and contact you about any that are not available.
- You will receive a final email with a pick-up date and instructions. Items will be held for five business days.
In order to enter the Library and retrieve items, users must show their identification (T-Card) and pick-up information to security. Items will be packed in brown paper bags labelled with the recipient’s name.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Periods: Loans are currently extended to September 29, 2021. For information regarding loan policies, visit Borrow & Request.
Returns: Please return items via the exterior book drop.
Limits: There are no limits to how many items users can sign out.