The UTM Library has started a Curbside Pickup Service for students, faculty, staff, and external borrowers with valid University of Toronto library cards. The Library will offer this service for print books from the UTM stack collection that are not available through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS).
Users can pick up materials when the Library is open; please review Library hours of operation and plan ahead.
Portion of Outer Circle Road & dropoff lane inaccessible starting June 21
Starting June 21, campus construction activities will close part of Outer Circle Road across from the Central Utilities Plant and detour traffic through the drop-off lane in front of the Library. For vehicle access to the Library, please use the four designated parking spots in the P9 carpool parking lot and enter the Library through the front doors.
For more details, please see the closure notification from UTM Facilities Management & Planning: Notification of Closure on Outer Circle, starting Monday, June 21, 2021.
- Books in the UTM stack collection not available via the HathiTrust ETAS
- Some materials from participating University of Toronto libraries (via intercampus delivery)
- Books available via the HathiTrust ETAS
- Course reserves (short-term loans)
- Government publications
- Reference materials
Interlibrary loans are also not available at this time.
Ordering and picking up materials
- Open LibrarySearch and sign in to your account.
- Find the records for the items you want to request.
- Find the Get It section of the record, and look for these options:
- Curbside Pickup: Complete the form with your pickup location and click Send Request.
- Get It With Hathi: You can read the item online via the HathiTrust ETAS, but it is not eligible for curbside pickup.
- If you do not see either option, the item is not available for curbside pickup and cannot be read via the HathiTrust ETAS.
- You will receive an email when your requested items are ready for pickup; items will be held for five business days.
In order to enter the Library and retrieve items, users must show their identification (T-Card) and curbside pickup notification to security. Items will be packed in brown paper bags labelled with the recipient’s name.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Periods: Loans are currently extended to September 29, 2021. For information regarding loan policies, visit Borrow & Request.
Returns: Please return items via the exterior book drop.
Limits: There are no limits to how many items users can sign out.