The UTM Library has started a Curbside Pickup Service for students, faculty, and staff. The Library will offer this service for print books from the UTM stack collection that are not available through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service (ETAS).
Users can pick up materials inside the Library during opening hours.
Only books from the stack collection that are not already available via the ETAS are eligible. Course reserves (STL), microtext, government publications, reference materials, and DVDs are not available for curbside pickup.
Inter-campus and inter-library loans are also not possible at this time.
Ordering and picking up materials
- Find your book(s) in the library catalogue.
- Click the Get Help button in the search results or the catalogue record.
- The system will check whether your book is available via the HathiTrust ETAS.
- Available: You will be provided with a link to the book at the ETAS. (Note: you will then need to log in to HathiTrust to access the full text.)
- Not available: Continue following the prompts to place your curbside pickup request.
- You will receive an automated message when your request has been received. Staff will check the shelves for your requested book(s) and contact you about any that are not available.
- You will receive a final email with a pick-up date and instructions.
In order to enter the Library and retrieve items, users must show their identification (T-Card) and pick-up information to security. Items will be packed in brown paper bags labelled with the recipient’s name.
- Undergraduates: until December 18
- Graduate students: up to four months
- Faculty: up to six months
- Staff: up to four months
Returns: Please return items via the exterior book drop.
Limits: There are no limits to how many items users can sign out.