The Library provides students with controlled access to course-related material in high demand. Reserves materials may include:
- Books or other print material
- Durable links to subscription-based electronic journals, ebooks, and other online resources (licensed to the University)
- Links to web resources
- Scanned book chapters in Blackboard
- Class notes, sample tests, assignments and solutions
- UTM owned media (videos, CDs, and artifacts)
- Course textbooks
Submitting Reserve Requests
Please note that we are unable to place on Reserves any material belonging to other UT Libraries.
- Consult with your Liaison Librarian with collections-related questions.
- To ensure your materials are available to students on time submit your request at least one month prior to the beginning of each semester.
- To prevent delays in processing, please ensure your submissions are complete and accurate. Include the loan period: 2hrs, 24hrs, or 72hrs.
- Submit your reserves request via email with a Word or PDF attachment to: email@example.com.
Course Readings in Blackboard
- Your course syllabus in Blackboard or your website can be enhanced with web links (durable links) to full text resources, if available, or to a catalogue record.
- NEW SERVICE! Under the recent Access Copyright license we are able to scan book chapters for Blackboard posting
- Contact your Liaison Librarian for a range of support options for Blackboard.
Making Stable Links
Need to make stable links to materials offered by U of T? UseOnesearch (Summon) - just type in the article title, select your item and click on "get a short URL for this item" link at top right.
Not listed? Use Article Finder it provides stable links to books too.