Smart Views allow you to apply customized filters to your Grade Center. You can build a Smart View by applying a range of criteria, including group membership and academic performance.
Use Smart Views to:
- Review and download marks for a particular tutorial or practical section;
- Get a list of students with grades above or below a specific benchmark;
- Build a custom query.
Once created, Smart Views become part of a selectable list item in the drop-down menu of the Grade Center page, enabling easy navigation from one view to another. Any Smart View can be saved as the default view of the Grade Center, and individual views can be ‘favourited’ for quick access from the Control Panel.
Create a Smart View
- Navigate to the Grade Center. Hover your mouse over Manage, then select Smart views.
- On the next page, click the Create Smart View button.
- Provide a Name for this view.
- Tick the box next to Add as Favourite to add a quick link to this view to the Grade Center menu in the Control Panel.
- Determine the Type of View:
- Course Group: View one or more course groups.
- Performance: View specific users based on their performance on a single graded assessment.
- User: View specific course users.
- Category and Status: View items based on assessment type and completion status.
- Custom: Build a query based on customized criteria.
- Determine specific Selection Criteria based on the type of view selected.
- Click Submit to finish.