To enroll TAs into your course you must know their UTORid. Ask your TA for their UTORid or ask your departmental administrator for TA UTORids.
Enroll a TA using UT Manage Users
- In the Control Panel, click Course Tools then select UT Manage Users.
- In the search field enter your TA’s UTORid and click Go. The system will locate your TA.
- Click on the drop down menu next to Add Role and select TA, then click the Add button.
The course Instructor automatically has access to all functions and tools within Blackboard. All other roles have limited degrees of access. When adding other users to your course, you may choose from the following role options:
- TA: A Teaching Assistant has access similar to that of an instructor. A TA can create and edit course content, and tools, manage course tools, view and download assignments and tests, and post and modify grades via the Grade Center.
- Course Builder: A Course Builder can create and edit course content. Course builders can not access the Grade Center, nor can they manage course tools.
- Grader: A grader can view and download assignments and tests, as well as post and modify grades via the Grade Center. Graders cannot add, edit or manage course content or tools.
- Guest: Visiting instructors, special guests, peers and colleagues (with UTORids) can be enrolled as guests. For information on adding individuals without UTORids, please see the UTORauth Information Pageand the Long-Term UTORid page.