The Announcement tool allows you to communicate with everyone in your course. For example, you may use announcements to inform students that new materials are available, or send out reminders about course work. Announcements appear in the Announcement module of the Home Page and on the Announcements page. Announcements can also be emailed to everyone in your course.
To Post an Announcement
- In the Control Panel click on Course Tools, then select Announcements.
- On the next page, click the Create Announcement button.
- Provide a Subject and enter your announcement Message.
- Specify the Duration of the announcement. If required, specific Date Restrictions.
- Tick the box next to Email Announcement to send your message via email to all course participants.
- If desired, use Course Link to link this announcement to a specific course location.
- Click Submit.
The Repositionable Bar
All new announcements appear below the repositionable bar. Move priority announcements above the repositionable bar to pin them to the top of the list and prevent new announcements from superseding them.