The Grade Center can help you collect and organize student grades and feedback, and share this information with students. Through the Grade Center, instructors and teaching assistants can:
- Review and download the class list,
- Add and edit student grades and feedback,
- Share information with students about their performance in the course, and
- Calculate final course grades.
Only Instructors, TAs and Graders have access to Grade Center. Students can review their individual grades and feedback through their My Grades page. Students will never see the grades of any other students through Blackboard.
Grade Center and ROSI
Students should understand that My Grades gives them early access to preliminary grades; it does not represent their official final marks. Final grades must not be broadcast to students through the Grade Center. Final grades should only be posted through ROSI. For more information on University of Toronto policies and guidelines regarding the posting and distribution of grades, please visit:
- The Provost's Q and A for Instructors under FIPPA
- The University Grading Practices Policy
- The Graduate Grading and Evaluation Practices Policy
How to Find the Grade Center
- Login to your course;
- Go the Control Panel and find the Grade Center item.
- Click the right-facing arrow next to Grade Center item to enter directly into the Grade Center, or
- Click directly on the Center link to reveal a sub-menu.
Anatomy of The Grade Center
- Action Buttons – Where you can Create Columns, Manage your Grade Center etc.
- Work Offline button – Where you can download your Grade Center for offline use and then upload your Grade Center
- Options to view and organize the Grade Center and gather cell-specific information from the Grade Information Bar: including Grade Type, Points Possible, Grade Format etc.
- The spreadsheet in the Grade Center is where grades are entered and calculated. Each student in the class has a unique row and every Grade Center item has its own column
- Icon Legend: Convenient definitions of the icons used in the Grade Center