Instructors can export selected course materials to for archiving purposes, or to reuse existing course content within a new course shell. Course export files are saved as zipped files and can be downloaded to a local computer or saved to Blackboard’s Content Collection.
A course export file does not include student enrollment information, nor does it include user interactions within the course. To create a record of course content, student enrollment and course interactions, instructors should create a Course Archive.
To Export a Course
- Go to the Control Panel. Click on Packages and Utilities, then select Export/Archive Course.
- On the next page, click the Export button.
- Under File Attachments leave the default options.
- Under Select Course Materials, tick the boxes next to the content to be exported.
- Click Submit. A confirmation screen will appear once the system has received the export request.
- Depending on the number of people who are using the system, it may take anywhere from several minutes to several hours for your course to export.
- When the export has completed you will receive and email message. This email message will note that the export file is available for download.
- It may take several minutes to several hours following the receipt of this email for the file to actually become available. If you follow the instructions above and do not see a link to the export file please wait a few hours and check again.
Download an Exported Course Package
- Navigate to the course where you created the export.
- Go to the Control Panel. Click Packages and Utilities, then select Export/Archive Course.
- A link to a zipped file containing the course export will now be available. Click on this link to initiate a file download.
- A zipped export file should not be opened or altered.
- Instructors should download the Grade Center separately in order to have a copy of student grades that can be opened on a local computer.