You can download full or partial versions of the Grade Center to:
- Work with student grades in a program such as Excel;
- Retain a copy of student grades for your records.
Once downloaded, grades can be filed and stored, or changed offline and then uploaded back to the Grade Center.
It is a best practice to regularly create backups of student grades throughout the term.
Downloading From Grade Center
- Hover your mouse over Work Offline, then select Download.
- Select the data you would like to download:
- a. Full Grade Center. This will download all user and all grade column information.
- Selected Column. This allows you to download the grades for a single grade column.
- User Information Only. This will download your class list.
- Ensure that the Delimiter Type is set to Tab.
- Select whether to Include Hidden Information.
- Hidden information refers to the columns and users, if any, that have been hidden on the Grade Center View.
- Hidden information does not refer to information that has explicitly been made invisible to students.
- Click Submit.
- On the next page, click the Download button, to download the grade file to your computer.
Working with Downloaded Grades
To add or change grades in a downloaded file, locate the Grade Center file and open it in Excel, or another similar application. The downloaded spreadsheet will look much like the online version of your Grade Center, with the same columns and existing data. Add or change grades in the relevant cells, and save the updated document.
If you will be uploading edited grades from the spreadsheet back into Grade Center do not make any changes to column headings. Each heading contains a unique identifier number that must remain the same in order for the upload to work properly.