The assignment tool in Blackboard allows you to create a digital dropbox specific to an assignment, and it helps you manage and grade files submitted by students. Assignments can be added to any content area within a course, and you can create as many of them as you need.
Create an Assignment
- Navigate to the content area where you would like students to submit their assignment;
- Hover your mouse over Assessments and then select Assignment from the drop down menu;
- Enter a Name for the assignment, and enter Instructions for students about completing or submitting the assignment;
- Enter Points Possible;
- Points Possible represents the scale used to mark the assignment (e.g. /5 or /100) and not the relative weight of the assignment within the course, which can be set in Grade Center. If no marks will be assigned for the assignment, enter 0;
- Ensure that Make the Assignment Available is checked;
- Select the allowable Number of Attempts;
- Set Date and Time Restrictions, if desired;
- Students will only be able to view, download, and submit the assignment file and instructions between the times specified;
- Ensure that Track the Number of Views is selected;
- This will tell you who has viewed the assignment, and when;
- Enter a Due Date. Submissions are accepted after this date, but are noted as Late in Grade Center;
- Under Recipients select All Students Individually;
- Click Submit.